So tonight I was reading old blogs and I came across the one about Kaden falling off the bed and knocking himself out.....and I couldn't help but add this one about Dylan.
It was a week or so ago, we had put the kids to bed and I was sitting on the computer looking for baby names when I heard a loud thud. My heart stopped and I couldn't get up the stairs fast enough.....I knew, we had just bunked the beds 3 days before and Brad hadn't put the rail up....he's never fallen before, why would he now?! Dylan met me at the top, and every moms nightmare, he had a face full of blood. Dripping off his chin, now all over me, it looked like a scary movie. I think what scared me even more is the way he was acting. I couldn't get him to acknowledge that he could hear me talking, he just kept rocking back and forth. After what seemed forever he finally started asking, through his tears, why we pulled him out of bed? He still didn't even know what was going on. I had to show him in the mirror before he started really talking to us. As we were putting him in the shower to find the source, he kept yelling at Brad, "You don't even know what your talking about, you have bad eyes and you cant see anything!!!!" We started cracking up, now he's delirious, so we shove him in the shower. He's still hysterical, that never stopped, and he tries to lay on the floor and is falling asleep. Standing up, he's falling asleep crying......and of course I am freeking out, so I make the decision to take him to the emergency room just to make sure we didn't need stitches or have a concussion. Everyone and their dog was there as well, all barfing in trashcans, swine flu scare.......so we sat outside for hours waiting. I guess it was good that we had to wait, cuz by time we got back the bleeding had stopped and it had started to seal closed.....so we got out of there with supper glue and no staples.....thank goodness, I wouldn't have let them.
We got home and Brad had the rail put up and moved the nightstand that will never go back beside the bed again..........
It was a week or so ago, we had put the kids to bed and I was sitting on the computer looking for baby names when I heard a loud thud. My heart stopped and I couldn't get up the stairs fast enough.....I knew, we had just bunked the beds 3 days before and Brad hadn't put the rail up....he's never fallen before, why would he now?! Dylan met me at the top, and every moms nightmare, he had a face full of blood. Dripping off his chin, now all over me, it looked like a scary movie. I think what scared me even more is the way he was acting. I couldn't get him to acknowledge that he could hear me talking, he just kept rocking back and forth. After what seemed forever he finally started asking, through his tears, why we pulled him out of bed? He still didn't even know what was going on. I had to show him in the mirror before he started really talking to us. As we were putting him in the shower to find the source, he kept yelling at Brad, "You don't even know what your talking about, you have bad eyes and you cant see anything!!!!" We started cracking up, now he's delirious, so we shove him in the shower. He's still hysterical, that never stopped, and he tries to lay on the floor and is falling asleep. Standing up, he's falling asleep crying......and of course I am freeking out, so I make the decision to take him to the emergency room just to make sure we didn't need stitches or have a concussion. Everyone and their dog was there as well, all barfing in trashcans, swine flu scare.......so we sat outside for hours waiting. I guess it was good that we had to wait, cuz by time we got back the bleeding had stopped and it had started to seal closed.....so we got out of there with supper glue and no staples.....thank goodness, I wouldn't have let them.
We got home and Brad had the rail put up and moved the nightstand that will never go back beside the bed again..........
1 comment:
That is so funny, I would never have thought Dylan to be so sassy. That made me laugh out loud. He is an awesome kid!
Post a Comment