Saturday, August 2, 2008

Dylan, this one is for you.....


I have spent the last several days thinking about what I could say about Dylan. To anyone who knows him knows, to pick one thing about him is impossible.....I am totally getting choked up just thinking about how tender his spirit is. He is honestly one of the most lovable kids, and underneath all of the long hair, is the biggest heart. I noticed at a very very young age that he had a soft side and he has always been in tune with the spirit. I feel like I have to protect him as he ventures through life so he wont get hurt. The smallest things crush him. One of my biggest trials is going to be letting him fly with his own two wings. Man I love this kid. I believe a name picks you, and when I look back laughing about who named him :) I know this to be true. Dylan means FAITHFUL......need I say more.


My dad passed away suddenly when Dylan was only 6 months old. There were days when he would ask me to lay Dylan on the floor by him so he could just watch him. There were times when I saw tears in his eyes as he sat in awe of him. I wish I would have known how sick he really was. I would have done so many things different. Dad and Dylan bonded in a way dad never bonded with anyone else in the world. I dont know what it was, Dylan soften that thick skin of his!! I know today, 7 years latter, that they still have that bond. Dylan use to play trains with him in the loft of our old house. I would be downstairs and would here him say Pa Pa look......and there is no doubt that he was there. We miss you Pa Pa, we know you are with us and that you will never leave us.

3 comments:

The Nelson Family said...

Elli, Thank you for sharing that. I feel the same way about Leah and my dad. There are times when I know he is near because of her.

Misty said...

Dylan is so sweet. Even at his young age you can tell that he has a special spirit. I have never known someone that young to be that close to the spirit, and realize what it is. I love that kid! He is destined for greatness!

michelle rasor said...

you know how we feel about dylan... he's one of a kind!