Tuesday, July 15, 2008

"After the darkest storm comes the brightest day"


We have definately been faced with our share of trials these past couple of years. Many of us have. And I will have to say that there are days when I get down and bitter. There was this one day inparticular where I was running way late, my kids were crying, bills were due, and all I could do is murmur and complain. As I rushed to back out of the garage I saw something out of the coner of my eye. It was a car.......and just by the skin of my teeth, I had squeeked by. Wiping my brow, I raced down the street to get London to dance (and you cant be late) Next I sat at a red light putting on my makeup, cuz you know, the visor mirror is always my choice of vanity. I heard sqwilling tires and quickly looked up to see where they were and as I looked in my mirror, all I could see was a S-10 truck sliding sideways and headed right for me. Cars had started to go so I punched it to get out of the way......and luckily I did. With NO time to spare I continued on my way. A little later I was talking (oh wait, yelling) at Brad on the phone. Telling him what a disapointment our life was and crying as I headed to the next scheduled event. That evening as we had a pool full of friends I excused myself to find the odor that was coming from my kitchen....as I stood there doing dished I had the erge to go read my scriptures, and I did hoping it would get rid of the sour attitude I was still possesing. As I open them it was as if the verse was glowing (maybe it was hilighted) I couldn't even tell you where it is now but it said that there are many blessings that are promised to us, all we have to do is proclam them. I then proceded to get on the phone to pay our mortgage payment, as the gentelman started taking my info, I thought oh great I cant even understand him. Out of nowhere he asked if he could grant me a blessing......."sure" whatever that means...... he said "I dont know anything about you, but I feel impressed to tell you that After the darkest storm comes the brightest day...... and your luck will improve in July." It didnt even take till July, because as he pulled up my total due, it was $600.00 cheeper than I expected it to be, and that the next month it would go down even more. If anyone has ever been straped, my eyes filled with tears and I then began to recognize the blessings that I had been given in that day alone. I didnt hit the car, 1. 2 - When that truck almost hit me, may I confess my sins ----- London was in the front seat, and Matix was in his carseat, but not buckeled!!! Disaster, I know. What I thought in that moment was that it would have slowed me down.....NOW; I know that Heavenly Father spared the lives of my sweet sweet babies. Lesson's learned....
I know that we are commanded to read our scriptures daily, its hard, life is busy. But I know that as we do the things that we are asked to do, we will be blessed.

4 comments:

michelle rasor said...

beautiful...

Farris said...

Thanks for that Elli, sometimes you need to hear things like that to remember no matter how CRAZY things are, we will always be blessed when we are being obedient.

Zona Bosted said...

Thank you for the reminder.

Sasserfun said...

There you and your beautiful family are!!! I miss seeing all of your faces. Thanks for sharing your sweet thoughts El.