We have been to the temple lights a few times this year, and I have to say every time we have gone it has been good times, and good company! Theres nothing much better than a walk around the temple with people you love! 
We went with the Rasors and the Footes, its great when your kids are friends with your friends kids.....

With Christmas coming so fast, sometimes we forget to stop and remember the reasons for this time of year. Today in our sacrament program, and I've heard this before but for some reason I heard it different today. When they came to the presents that the three wise men brought to Jesus, she explained what Frankincense and Myrrh was, and what they would come to represent! Frankincense is an oil that they used back then in the temples when they brought forth sacrifices. Myrrh is a perfume that they used on ones that had passed.
Amazing how they would come to be so symbolic in Christ's life. The sacrifices that he made for us, then to go on and give his life for us! Two amazing gifts that he has given to us! Ones that I am so thankful for. And without, would give little meaning to this time of year. I know Christ lives, I know him to be my older Brother that I look up to and hope to be like. I love him with all of my heart, and am so grateful for the gifts that he has given me. I challenged my kids to serve others from now until Christmas, to always be looking for ways we could give back, to serve!
Amazing how they would come to be so symbolic in Christ's life. The sacrifices that he made for us, then to go on and give his life for us! Two amazing gifts that he has given to us! Ones that I am so thankful for. And without, would give little meaning to this time of year. I know Christ lives, I know him to be my older Brother that I look up to and hope to be like. I love him with all of my heart, and am so grateful for the gifts that he has given me. I challenged my kids to serve others from now until Christmas, to always be looking for ways we could give back, to serve! Merry Christmas....
3 comments:
Merry Christmas! Thanks for leaving a comment now I can check out your blog.
I love family dates with you!
Good for you. Love Dylan's long hair!
Post a Comment