Friday, October 17, 2008

A priceless moment.


Holli and Lee got MARRIED on Monday in La Jolla CA. London was lucky enough to be their flower girl. As if getting married on a beach isn't romantic enough, everyone was in tears. You can judge a wedding by how many people cry.....and if you have an ugly crier in the audience, you know it rocked. You can call me a sap, I was a mess. London did sooo good. For anyone who knows her, knows how stinkin shy she is. When we got there she said to me "mom I am not doing this!!!" My biggest fear was coming true, and then out of no where she headed up the stairs to line up with Savanna. When I saw her coming down the stairs looking like a little bride, I bawled.


I envisioned the day she was to be married.....and it made me so sad. We don't get them for very long. They are growing up so fast right before our very eyes. We need to cherish every moment that we have with them. They are so fragile, and so sweet. The are soo eager to learn. I pray that throughout this life I can be the example that this little girl needs, a friend, a mom she can look up to. Teach them while they are young. Hold them in your arms, and on your laps as long as you can. And when the are ready to spread their wings and fly, Love them.

4 comments:

michelle rasor said...

Her hair is gorgeous! You did an amazing job. She's not so bad herself! :)

Amy said...

Elli -

I would love to photograph her... she is so beautiful, and the dress is so darling... I'm thinking a black background, her big eyes...

Farris said...

She looks so dang cute! Girls are so special, I'm so glad that I have my Madisen as I'm sure you feel the same about London.

Monica said...

Elli, I happened upon your blog today. It is absolutely beautiful. Thank you for sharing your life with me. Your words are so inspiring. We share some of the same trials. Reading this was so uplifting to me...you have no idea. monica