I recently got called, in my eyes to one of the hardest callings (sorry Monica) aside of Gospel Doctrine. This has been really hard for me, because I don't know what I'm talking about, I've studied what I'm teaching, but each time I get up to teach Relief Society, I get completely overwhelmed by the spirit and it doesn't come out the way I want it to. I am so grateful to have such amazing Woman in my ward that understand me and support me. I pray that the spirit whispers to them and they get something out of my lessons. (Listen to me babble for 45 min??) Please help them.
I know that this calling is important to my growth in the church and in life. To prepare me and help me not only grow in the gospel, but to teach me to not be afraid. I have huge fear of speaking in front of people and this is definitely a test in my life.
I have to admit that there have been some big trials in my life lately, I am such a private person, I stay away when this happens. I have gotten so far behind in so many areas of my life that I don't know if I will ever get caught up....but I am going to try. Keeping a record of our life, so that I don't forget the little things is so important to me.....So,
Today is a new day, I can't change the past, but I definitely have control over what I do tomorrow!!!
5 comments:
That is one calling I would flat out tell them "NO WAY" to. I just got called to the hardest calling I have ever had as well, Camp director...but I am going to take it and run with it and try to enjoy it. If you ever need me to take Matix and the baby during the day so you can try to get "caught up" just let me know...Makayla would love that.
Elli, you lesson on Sunday was nothing short of beautiful. All that you have to make sure of is that people feel the Spirit. The Spirit was there the second you stood up in front of us. I admire your strength. You make me a better person and I am proud to call you "friend". Keep on keepin' on sister!!
I agree - that would be a really hard calling for me, too. Since I don't get to hear you, I can't speak from personal experience. But I have heard that you do a great job. I agree with Monica - if you have the Spirit, the rest will come.
I am positive you do an amazing job. And I wish I could be a part of the class. Your littlest guy is super sweet and holy cow London is such a little beauty!
Post a Comment