Yesterday was a long busy fun day and we came home exhausted, all the kids crashed fast! It was about 12 midnight and I layed down in bed excited to sleep for a few (hopefully hours) before Grayer woke up to eat for the rest of the night: and we hear a dog barking.....not a loud someones here bark, a disturbed kinda soft bark. Who's dog is that Brad, he isn't stopping. So Brad goes to investigate and a few short minutes later he calls to me to come help. WHAT? Help? So I run down stairs kinda in a panic to find Malibu stuck.......
We always have some interesting story to tell, so why not add one more.
I guess Brad had let the water run in the backyard and it all collected under the swing set, in a hole that he and Dylan had dug earlier this week, a deep one to find clay like mud for a school project. Of course he didn't fill it in......and it must have seemed like a good way to keep cool to a 13 yr old dog. Problem was that he got stuck, literally sunk, his hind legs past his hips and couldn't move. Now how long he had been there, Who Knows!!! We left at 4! Every time Brad would pull he would bite him....that's the only part I laughed at! It was like a suction cup around his hind half, so Brad had to use a shovel to dig him out.....soooo sad. Those of you that know him he doesn't get around so well anyways. Brad pulls him into the grass and we are spraying him off and he wont get up. I feel heartless most days, but last night was almost in tears thinking how sad it would be for the kids to see him. And the fact that the poor thing couldn't get up. Eventually he got up but wasn't moving good at all, so I stayed up with him for about an hour to make sure he didn't die, still today he falls down when he's walking! Soo sad, he's really old, not healthy at all, but how do you know when it's time?
Oh, and today, while we're talking about dogs, London was riding a scooter home from a friends house and got bit by a dog! Yeah, an ankle biter! Literally! She flipped out and sooo sad for her I'm sure it hurt and it broke the skin! When Brad went and confronted the owners all they had to say was "she doesn't bite" There are some stupid people in this world, and we live right by them.
We always have some interesting story to tell, so why not add one more.
I guess Brad had let the water run in the backyard and it all collected under the swing set, in a hole that he and Dylan had dug earlier this week, a deep one to find clay like mud for a school project. Of course he didn't fill it in......and it must have seemed like a good way to keep cool to a 13 yr old dog. Problem was that he got stuck, literally sunk, his hind legs past his hips and couldn't move. Now how long he had been there, Who Knows!!! We left at 4! Every time Brad would pull he would bite him....that's the only part I laughed at! It was like a suction cup around his hind half, so Brad had to use a shovel to dig him out.....soooo sad. Those of you that know him he doesn't get around so well anyways. Brad pulls him into the grass and we are spraying him off and he wont get up. I feel heartless most days, but last night was almost in tears thinking how sad it would be for the kids to see him. And the fact that the poor thing couldn't get up. Eventually he got up but wasn't moving good at all, so I stayed up with him for about an hour to make sure he didn't die, still today he falls down when he's walking! Soo sad, he's really old, not healthy at all, but how do you know when it's time?
Oh, and today, while we're talking about dogs, London was riding a scooter home from a friends house and got bit by a dog! Yeah, an ankle biter! Literally! She flipped out and sooo sad for her I'm sure it hurt and it broke the skin! When Brad went and confronted the owners all they had to say was "she doesn't bite" There are some stupid people in this world, and we live right by them.
2 comments:
Your family seriosly needs a TV show!! Something is ALWAYS going on over there. Makes me laugh. Poor dog, he was probably stuck all day, so sad.
Such a funny story. Poor doggie. Poor Brad. In 11 years our dogs have never bitten anyone. The one time one of them nipped, I had just said, "Our dogs don't bite." I don't say that anymore.
Post a Comment